AAHKS will be following all state and local social distancing and personal protection requirements in addition to those instituted by the Hilton Anatole. Visit this page often as local reopening phases continue to change.
Travel Restrictions by State
» September 24, 2020. Download the latest version.
Planning and Pre-Meeting Protocols
- An infectious disease specialist involved with the planning and on-site monitoring
- AAHKS Poster Session moved to an all-virtual format
- Reduced attendance (including industry representatives) to facilitate social distancing
- Frequent communications to attendees on what to expect and how to travel safely
- No penalty for switching options or canceling registrations or attendance
- Contactless options for hotel check in and meeting registration
- Temperature and symptom checks for conference attendees and workers
- Social distancing and masks required in common areas; handshakes not recommended
- Enforcement of CDC guidelines, including frequent hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, reminders to avoid touching face and cover coughs and sneezes
- Hand sanitizing stations and enhanced cleaning in meeting areas and hotel
- Special precautions for food service, eating areas and coffee breaks
- Use of AAHKS app to connect with in-person or virtual attendees
- General session viewing in multiple ballrooms with reduced capacity
- Livestreaming the General Session through the hotel’s in-room entertainment system
- New Audience Response System through the AAHKS mobile app
- Exhibit Hall modifications to facilitate distancing, cleaning
- Testing resources available
- Protocol for handling symptomatic individuals
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a checklist of considerations for travelers when making the decision to travel away from their home communities. When you travel, follow the standard protocols that have been implemented to prevent the spread of the coronavirus:
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Keep six feet distance from others
- Wear a cloth face covering in public
- Cover coughs and sneezes
For the latest guidance, visit the CDC website for guidance on travel within the United States.
Your airline is the best source for personal safety protocols at the gate and on the airplane. Be sure to visit their website in the week that you’ll be traveling and sign up for notifications related to your trip.
The Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) Airport has DFW Airport has obtained the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation rating which means DFW is implementing the industry’s highest standards for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention. Their website has a Coronavirus Information page that is updated weekly with information about what they are doing and what travelers should do when arriving and departing at DFW. Visit DFWReady.
VisitDallas and the Dallas Tourism Public Improvement District also received the GBAC STAR™ accreditation designating Dallas hotels as sanitary and safe.
The Hilton Anatole has implemented the Hilton CleanStay program that ensures another level of health and safety protocols for guest rooms, housekeeping, public areas, food and beverage and amenities like the gym and spa. Learn more.