The submission period is closed.
- June 1, 2018 11:59 pm (CDT) Deadline for ALL submissions
- August 3 Notification of selected submissions
- August 31 Deadline for draft manuscript submissions for award consideration
- October 12 Deadline for manuscript submissions for scientific session moderator review
- October 12 Deadline to upload ePoster PDF file and Surgical Technique video files to Apprisor website (detailed instructions emailed to submitting authors)
- December 1 Deadline to submit final manuscript for the JOA Proceedings of the AAHKS Annual Meeting (detailed instructions emailed to submitting authors)
Disclosures and Conflict of Interest
All authors, co-authors and presenters of abstracts, symposia and videos are required to complete disclosures of their financial relationships with commercial interests. Submit disclosure information on the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) website at www.aaos.org/disclosure. Disclosure information will be made available in the Final Program and JOA Proceedings of the AAHKS Annual Meeting. Submissions of authors failing to disclose will be withdrawn from the program.
The AAHKS Annual Meeting Program Committee will review and select abstracts for podium and poster presentations. Authors of the abstracts selected for podium presentations have the opportunity to submit a manuscript for consideration of the James A. Rand Young Investigator’s Award, the Lawrence D. Dorr Surgical Techniques & Technologies Award and the AAHKS Clinical Research Award. Authors of podium presentations also have the opportunity to submit a manuscript for publication in The Journal of Arthroplasty (JOA) Proceedings of the AAHKS Annual Meeting. All authors of podium and poster abstracts who are selected for the Annual Meeting are required to submit a manuscript for scientific session moderator review.